Right to Information disclosure log
Interim procedures for disclosing information released in response to Right to Information Act 2009
requests in Tasmania were announced on Tuesday 9 June 2015.
Certain information released in response to Right to Information requests will be published online within 48 hours of being released to the applicant. This only applies to applications received after 9 June 2015.
The new approach makes information released to an applicant available to a wider audience and increases Government transparency and accountability.
Applicants should note that:
- if they seek and are granted a waiver of the application fee on the basis of general public interest, and it is determined that the information is in the broader public interest, publication of the released information is likely.
- their identity will not be published. The category of applicant will be published, i.e. Member of Parliament, media representative, private individual.
- a summary of the application will be published. This gives context to the nature of the released information.
- only information that is considered to be in the broader public interest will be published. No personal information will be published.
- information of a commercial or confidential nature will not be published.
Detailed policies reflecting this change will be available soon.
RTIs received by the Treasurer
No RTIs were received by the Treasurer during the 2016-17 financial year.
RTIs received by Treasury
|Release date||Category of applicant||Summary of request||Documents released|
|22/12/2016||Media||All correspondence and documents relating to loan applications and approvals to the Glamorgan Spring Bay Council since November 2015.||Download PDF (727kb)|
|11/11/2016||Media||Information relating to a strategic assessment, or potential sale of, the Tamar Valley Power Station.||Download PDF (681kb)|
|18/08/2016||Member of Parliament||Letter to TT-Line regarding its 2015-16 Corporate Plan.||Download PDF (292kb)|
|01/08/2016||Media||Information in regard to the potential sale of the Treasury building.||Download PDF (536kb)|