The Economic Analysis Unit provides up to date analysis of the Tasmanian economy and its performance in relation to the Australian economy. These data releases cover a broad range of economic indicators, drawing on various sources of data.
The National Accounts data release contains quarterly real estimates of the components of state final demand (consumption, dwelling and business investment and government expenditure). Quarterly real exports are currently not published.
Annual estimates of gross state product can be found in the State Accounts data release.
Data have been sourced from the Australian Bureau of Statistics, the Department of Employment, the Department of Social Services and the Australian Financial Securities Authority.
Although all due care has been exercised in the preparation of this material, no responsibility is accepted for any errors or omissions.
Data releases scheduled for the week commencing 24 October 2016
Monday 24 October
Tuesday 25 October
Wednesday 26 October
Thursday 27 October
Friday 28 October
Current data releases (all in PDF format)
Labour market statistics
Key whole of economy statistics
- Average Weekly Earnings, May 2016
- Consumer Price Index, September quarter 2016
- International Merchandise Exports, August 2016
- National Accounts, June quarter 2016
- Population, March quarter 2016
- Regional Population Growth, 2014-15
- State Accounts, 2014-15
- Wage Price Index, June quarter 2016
- Population by Age, Sex, 2015
- Bankruptcy Administrations, September quarter 2016
- Building Approvals, August 2016
- Building Activity, June quarter 2016
- Construction Work Done, Preliminary, June quarter 2016
- Count of Australian Businesses, June 2011 to June 2015
- Engineering Construction Activity, June quarter 2016
- Housing Finance, August 2016
- Lending Finance, August 2016
- Mineral Exploration, June quarter 2016
- Private New Capital Expenditure, June quarter 2016
- Residential Property Price Indexes, June quarter 2016
- Retail Trade, August 2016
- Sales of New Motor Vehicles, September 2016