The Economic Analysis Unit provides up to date analysis of the Tasmanian economy and its performance in relation to the Australian economy. These data releases cover a broad range of economic indicators, drawing on various sources of data.
The National Accounts data release contains quarterly real estimates of the components of state final demand (consumption, dwelling and business investment and government expenditure). Quarterly real exports are currently not published.
Annual estimates of gross state product can be found in the State Accounts data release.
Data have been sourced from the Australian Bureau of Statistics, the Department of Employment, the Department of Social Services and the Australian Financial Securities Authority.
Although all due care has been exercised in the preparation of this material, no responsibility is accepted for any errors or omissions.
Data releases scheduled for the week commencing 27 March 2017
Monday 27 March
Tuesday 28 March
Wednesday 29 March
- Engineering Construction Activity, December quarter 2016
- Labour Market and Related Payments Profile, February 2017
Thursday 30 March
- Regional Population Growth, 2015-16
- Job Vacancies, February 2017
Friday 31 March
Current data releases (all in PDF format)
Labour market statistics
Key whole of economy statistics
- Average Weekly Earnings, November 2016
- Consumer Price Index, December quarter 2016
- International Merchandise Exports, January 2017
- National Accounts, December quarter 2016
- Population, September quarter 2016
- Regional Population Growth, 2014-15
- State Accounts, 2015-16
- Wage Price Index, December quarter 2016
- Population by Age, Sex, 2015
- Bankruptcy Administrations, December quarter 2016
- Building Approvals, January 2017
- Building Activity, September quarter 2016
- Construction Work Done, Preliminary, December quarter 2016
- Counts of Australian Businesses, June 2012 to June 2016
- Engineering Construction Activity, September quarter 2016
- Housing Finance, January 2017
- Lending Finance, January 2017
- Mineral Exploration, December quarter 2016
- Private New Capital Expenditure, December quarter 2016
- Residential Property Price Indexes, December quarter 2016
- Retail Trade, January 2017
- Sales of New Motor Vehicles, February 2017