The Economic Analysis Unit provides up to date analysis of the Tasmanian economy and its performance in relation to the Australian economy. These data releases cover a broad range of economic indicators, drawing on various sources of data.
The National Accounts data release contains quarterly real estimates of the components of state final demand (consumption, dwelling and business investment and government expenditure). Quarterly real exports are currently not published.
Annual estimates of gross state product can be found in the State Accounts data release.
Data have been sourced from the Australian Bureau of Statistics, the Department of Employment, the Department of Social Services and the Australian Financial Securities Authority.
Although all due care has been exercised in the preparation of this material, no responsibility is accepted for any errors or omissions.
Data releases scheduled for the week commencing 20 February 2017
Monday 20 February
Tuesday 21 February
Wednesday 22 February
Thursday 23 February
- Private New Captial Expenditure, December 2016
- Hours Worked, January 2017
- Long-Term Unemployment, January 2017
- Regional Labour Market, January 2017
- Average Weekly Earnings, November 2016
Friday 24 February
Current data releases (all in PDF format)
Labour market statistics
Key whole of economy statistics
- Average Weekly Earnings, May 2016
- Consumer Price Index, December quarter 2016
- International Merchandise Exports, December 2016
- National Accounts, September quarter 2016
- Population, June quarter 2016
- Regional Population Growth, 2014-15
- State Accounts, 2015-16
- Wage Price Index, December quarter 2016
- Population by Age, Sex, 2015
- Bankruptcy Administrations, December quarter 2016
- Building Approvals, December 2016
- Building Activity, September quarter 2016
- Construction Work Done, Preliminary, December quarter 2016
- Counts of Australian Businesses, June 2012 to June 2016
- Engineering Construction Activity, September quarter 2016
- Housing Finance, December 2016
- Lending Finance, December 2016
- Mineral Exploration, September quarter 2016
- Private New Capital Expenditure, September quarter 2016
- Residential Property Price Indexes, September quarter 2016
- Retail Trade, December 2016
- Sales of New Motor Vehicles, January 2017