The Economic Analysis Unit provides up to date analysis of the Tasmanian economy and its performance in relation to the Australian economy. These data releases cover a broad range of economic indicators, drawing on various sources of data.
The National Accounts data release contains quarterly real estimates of the components of state final demand (consumption, dwelling and business investment and government expenditure). Quarterly real exports are currently not published.
Annual estimates of gross state product can be found in the State Accounts data release.
Data have been sourced from the Australian Bureau of Statistics, the Department of Employment, the Department of Social Services and the Australian Financial Securities Authority.
Although all due care has been exercised in the preparation of this material, no responsibility is accepted for any errors or omissions.
Data releases scheduled for the week commencing 16 January 2017
Monday 16 January
Tuesday 17 January
Wednesday 18 January
Thursday 19 January
Friday 20 January
Current data releases (all in PDF format)
Labour market statistics
Key whole of economy statistics
- Average Weekly Earnings, May 2016
- Consumer Price Index, September quarter 2016
- International Merchandise Exports, November 2016
- National Accounts, September quarter 2016
- Population, June quarter 2016
- Regional Population Growth, 2014-15
- State Accounts, 2015-16
- Wage Price Index, September, 2016
- Population by Age, Sex, 2015
- Bankruptcy Administrations, December quarter 2016
- Building Approvals, November 2016
- Building Activity, September quarter 2016
- Construction Work Done, Preliminary, September quarter 2016
- Count of Australian Businesses, June 2011 to June 2015
- Engineering Construction Activity, September quarter 2016
- Housing Finance, November 2016
- Lending Finance, October 2016
- Mineral Exploration, September quarter 2016
- Private New Capital Expenditure, September quarter 2016
- Residential Property Price Indexes, September quarter 2016
- Retail Trade, November 2016
- Sales of New Motor Vehicles, December 2016