The Economic Analysis Unit provides up to date analysis of the Tasmanian economy and its performance in relation to the Australian economy. These data releases cover a broad range of economic indicators, drawing on various sources of data.
The National Accounts data release contains quarterly real estimates of the components of state final demand (consumption, dwelling and business investment and government expenditure). Quarterly real exports are currently not published.
Annual estimates of gross state product can be found in the State Accounts data release.
Data have been sourced from the Australian Bureau of Statistics, the Department of Employment, the Department of Social Services and the Australian Financial Securities Authority.
Although all due care has been exercised in the preparation of this material, no responsibility is accepted for any errors or omissions.
Data releases scheduled for the week commencing 26 September 2016
Monday 26 September
Tuesday 27 September
Wednesday 28 September
- Engineering Construction Activity, June quarter 2016
- Labour Market and Related Payments Profile, August 2016
Thursday 29 September
- Job Vacancies, August quarter 2016
Friday 30 September
Current data releases (all in PDF format)
Labour market statistics
Key whole of economy statistics
- Average Weekly Earnings, May 2016
- Consumer Price Index, June quarter 2016
- International Merchandise Exports, July 2016
- National Accounts, June quarter 2016
- Population, March quarter 2016
- Regional Population Growth, 2014-15
- State Accounts, 2014-15
- Wage Price Index, June quarter 2016
- Population by Age, Sex, 2015
- Bankruptcy Administrations, June quarter 2016
- Building Approvals, July 2016
- Building Activity, March quarter 2016
- Construction Work Done, Preliminary, June quarter 2016
- Count of Australian Businesses, June 2011 to June 2015
- Engineering Construction Activity, March quarter 2016
- Housing Finance, July 2016
- Lending Finance, July 2016
- Mineral Exploration, June quarter 2016
- Private New Capital Expenditure, June quarter 2016
- Residential Property Price Indexes, June quarter 2016
- Retail Trade, July 2016
- Sales of New Motor Vehicles, August 2016