Making a complaint
Do You Have a Complaint?
We deal with complaints relating to:
Making a ComplaintStep 1: Talk to the manager/licensee
- the sale and service of liquor at licensed premises; and
- the conduct of gambling including wagering activities - for example, playing gaming machines, keno, participating in table gaming, participating in placing bets on racing or sporting events etc.
Step 2: Talk to the Liquor and Gaming Branch
- Talk to the manager/licensee of the business where the complaint has arisen. This can be a quick and easy way of resolving complaints.
- If you have tried to have the complaint resolved directly with the business and you are not happy with the outcome, you can bring your complaint to us for consideration.
Step 3: Make a written complaint
- Liquor & Gaming North (03) 6777 2777
- Liquor & Gaming South (03) 6166 4040
- You can make a written submission to the Commissioner for Licensing or the Tasmanian Liquor and Gaming Commission.
If you wish to make a written complaint about the sale and service of liquor at licensed premises, write to the Commissioner for Licensing at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to make a written complaint about the service or conduct of gaming and wagering, write to the Tasmanian Liquor and Gaming Commission at: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, complete and submit the gaming and wagering complaint form, or the liquor complaint form.
All written complaints can be submitted to the following:
Fax: (03) 6173 0218How we deal with complaints
Mail: GPO Box 1374, Hobart TASMANIA 7001
We aim to deal with all complaints in a timely manner - you will receive acknowledgement of your complaint within five working days of its receipt by us and you will generally receive our response within twenty working days of its receipt, or in more complex investigations, within a time frame as otherwise advised.