Apply for a Minor Gaming Permit

Minor gaming is gaming where the proceeds are used for a not-for-profit organisation or for charitable reasons (such as education, welfare, sport and recreation), and not for the private gain or benefit of any person, except by way of charity.

The Tasmanian Liquor and Gaming Commission has authorised a number of games including bingo, raffles, lucky envelopes and Tassie's best punter as minor gaming.

In this Topic

  • Application form
    You need to apply for a permit if you want to conduct minor gaming in Tasmania. Permits are valid for one or two years.
  • Minor Gaming Conditions
    Minor gaming permits are issued subject to these conditions
  • Rules and Conditions of each Minor Game
    The Commission has determined the rules and conditions of each game.
  • Individual Notification Form for each Game
    Once you have a permit, you need to notify the Commission at least seven days before conducting a game of your intention to conduct it. You need an individual notification form for each game.
  • Exempt Games
    The Commission may declare a game to be an "exempt game". Exempt games do not require a minor gaming permit. Under some circumstances, tipping competitions, raffles, sweepstakes and Anzac Day two-up are exempt games.
  • Trade Promotions
    You do not need a permit to conduct a trade promotion in Tasmania, but certain conditions apply. Review the conditions to see if they apply to you.
  • Application form for new minor games
    If you have an idea for a new game, you need to complete an application form.