The Department of Treasury and Finance is the central agency that manages the Tasmanian Government’s financial resources and implements strategies to achieve the Government’s economic and fiscal objectives.
What we do
The Department of Treasury and Finance is responsible to the Treasurer.
The Department has overall responsibility for implementing strategies to achieve the Government's longer-term economic and financial objectives. It:
- provides the Government with objective advice on the economic and financial management of the State
- implements Government policy
- performs financial analysis, monitoring and reporting functions on behalf of the Government, and
- supports statutory bodies that administer:
- State revenue collection
- the regulation of gaming and liquor, and
- the economic regulation of the electricity and water and sewerage sectors.
Treasury is now a proud White Ribbon Accredited Workplace