The Department of Treasury and Finance is the central agency that provides the Government with advice on the economic and financial management of the State. Treasury also implements Government policies and programs, and performs analysis, monitoring and reporting functions on behalf of the Government.
What we do
The Department of Treasury and Finance is responsible to the Treasurer.
The Department has overall responsibility for implementing strategies to achieve the Government's longer-term economic, financial and other policy objectives. It:
- provides the Government with objective advice on the economic and financial management of the State;
- implements Government policy;
- performs financial analysis, monitoring and reporting functions on behalf of the Government;
- sustainably manages assets; and
- supports the Tasmanian Economic Regulator, the State Grants Commission, the Tasmanian Liquor and Gaming Commission, the Commissioner for Licensing, the Commissioner of State Revenue and the Superannuation Commission to carry out their statutory, regulatory and integrity functions.