Are you high performing, capable and passionate about what you do?
Treasury seeks to attract and retain high performing, capable and passionate people who match our cultural profile.
We are looking for people who:
- Believe in our values
- Are passionate about making a difference to the well-being of Tasmanians
- Have high levels of personal integrity
- Are committed to excellence at work
- Have good judgement and analytical skills
- Have a demonstrated record of achievement
- Seek to work in a flexible and agile organisation
If this resonates with you, please feel free to contact us or check our jobs website.
We welcome enquiries for senior positions from people who:
- possess corporate management skills including the ability to plan and manage human and financial resources, as well as strategic skills and an achievement orientation that will assist in meeting our corporate goals;
- are critical, analytical thinkers with the ability to distil significant issues from complex problems, prioritise and identify feasible solutions;
- have demonstrated leadership skills including the ability to deal with pressure, manage ambiguity and change, provide effective feedback, foster a culture of continual learning and development, and ensure a commitment to the principles of workplace diversity, EEO and WHS; and
- are able to communicate effectively at all levels, represent us in public forums and convey our objectives to a variety of audience levels.
Live your values
We are a values based organisation. If your personal and work values are consistent with those developed by our staff, we're sure you'll find Treasury a great place to work.
Our decisions and behaviour are guided by the following values and belief statements:
- Integrity - as it builds confidence, trust and self-respect, and is the foundation of open and honest communication;
- Excellence - as it challenges us to give our best and brings us recognition;
- Respect - as it recognises the value of each of us and the contribution we all make;
- Camaraderie - as it creates a fun and supportive place to be; and
- Passion - as it inspires us to achieve great things.
We live and breathe our values.
Build your career
Our employees are encouraged to take control of their own careers, be responsible for their performance, and to actively identify opportunities to develop and grow.
We offer careers in policy analysis, administration, economics, business analysis, state revenue collection, information management, regulation, legislation development and compliance, customer service, accounting, property management, contract management, project management, human resources, information systems, budgeting, and financial analysis to name a few.
There's plenty of opportunity to learn new skills and stretch your knowledge. Many employees undertake a diverse range of roles during their career at Treasury. We have an active job rotation program for permanent employees which aims to further expand knowledge, skills and experience in other areas of the organisation.
Staff surveys tell us that we provide good access to quality learning and development opportunities. Build
on your existing technical, management and leadership skills as well as attend
some of our many hot topic sessions during your lunchtime. Participate in
part-time tertiary studies on our study assistance program. Network and learn
from other talented professionals. Follow this link for further information on Treasury's People Development Framework.
Our cadet program enables undergraduates to 'learn our business from the grass roots' while completing an appropriate tertiary degree. Click here for more information on the Cadet Program.
Our graduate program enables recent graduates to undertake professional accounting qualifications while gaining experience in our budget management and government financing and accounting branches. Click here for more information on the Finance Graduate Program.
Our appointments are competitive and merit-based. You can plan your own career path and apply for a range of positions. Talented people are challenged and stretched by the work that we do, and are often promoted.
Join a talented team
Our employees are talented professionals. They are people who work hard and are committed to a common goal. Our people are held in high regard by us, our stakeholders and our clients.
Our employees stay with us because they value the people they work with. Our people are friendly and committed to delivering excellent service.
We succeed because we work together well and are supported by a strong team-based culture that helps build your individual knowledge and skills.
Our managers value the combined efforts of all our employees. Employees are listened to and contributions are appreciated.
Know what is expected of you
We have a clear mission statement and priorities set out in our
Corporate Directions. Our highly organised and structured support framework reflects the important work we do and allows our employees to know what is expected of them. Our work is carefully reviewed to ensure it meets our high standards.
Our employees have a performance management interview with their manager every six months. This process sets clear goals and expectations linked to corporate objectives, and plans development goals.
Treasury has an “All Roles Flex" policy - meaning that all employees can request and access flexible work arrangements that work best for them and the business area. This may involve part‑time hours, the use of flexitime, an altered work pattern, and/or working from home.
Staff surveys tell us that employees have a good balance between work and personal commitments.
Like all workplaces, there are busy times when we work hard to achieve key objectives. Overall, our work hours are reasonable, allowing time for employees to pursue their diverse personal interests.
We have generous leave provisions:
- Annual leave: 20 paid days per year.
- Long service leave: 65 days after ten years of full time service.
- Personal leave: accrual of 20 days per year for personal illness/injury or caring responsibilities.
- Family violence leave as required.
- Compassionate and bereavement leave as required.
- Additional leave options including parental leave, leave without pay, and purchased leave.
Employees have access to free and confidential counselling assistance to help them resolve personal and/or work related problems.
It's the way we work that makes a difference
We play a central role in the Tasmanian Government and help to improve the wellbeing of Tasmanians. We don't just deal with numbers. We deal with big issues that provide opportunities to contribute to major government decisions and activities.
Our employees share our values and have a strong belief in delivering successful outcomes to the Tasmanian community. We offer a diverse range of challenging roles and the opportunity to make a major contribution to the state service.
Our employees have integrity. We respect each other. We are passionate about what we do. We regularly seek feedback from our employees and continually work to improve our people practices and leadership.
Recent feedback from our staff:
If you are interested in a career with the Department of Treasury and Finance, please see our current vacancies.