Purpose, Approach and Values
We provide expert economic, financial and policy advice and services to support Tasmanian Government priorities and improve the wellbeing of our community.
To meet our goals, we:
- understand our stakeholders’ needs and expectations
- provide clear, timely, accurate and objective advice
- build and maintain relationships across government and with our community
- quickly respond to changing priorities
- meet our legal and regulatory obligations
- continue to manage our strategic risks
- act with integrity
- are accountable for our decisions
- coach and mentor our people.
Integrity ... as it builds confidence, trust and self respect, and is the foundation of open and honest communication.
Excellence ... as it challenges us to give our best and brings us recognition.
Respect ... as it recognises the value of each of us and the contribution we all make.
Camaraderie ... as it creates a fun and supportive place to be.
Passion ... as it inspires us to achieve great things.
Treasury undertook a survey of our stakeholders in March 2023. Treasury’s overall stakeholder satisfaction level was 88 per cent, with an average rating of 3.6 out of five. Both figures are slightly higher than results from previous years. View the Full Report and Fact Sheet.