FMA Implementation Project
The FMA 2018-19 Implementation Project (FMA Project) is a Treasury‑run Project to develop the supporting framework, policies and processes to enable those accountable under the new financial management legislation to comply with its requirements.
Treasurer, Parliament, Treasury, General Government Sector Agencies, Auditor-General, other users of the Government's financial information.
Work of the Project
The key deliverables to support introduction of the Act on 1 July 2019 are:
• New suite of Treasurer's Instructions;
• New Policies, Processes and Procedures;
• Training Material and Explanatory Guidance;
• Transition Plan for Existing Accounts;
• Revised Reports for the 2019-20 Budget Papers;
• Review/Update Treasury and Agency Systems;
• Treasurer Commencement and Compliance Package; and
• General Consultancy, Ongoing Advice and Support to Stakeholders.