Community consultation is an important part of the annual Budget development process. Input from the community is a long established element of the Budget process, and is highly valued by the Government.
The Community consultation process for the 2021-22 Budget development process is in addition to broad‑based consultation activity currently being conducted by the Premier's Economic and Social Recovery Advisory Council relating to COVID-19 recovery. More information relating to PESRAC can be found at www.pesrac.tas.gov.au.
All community groups and individuals can make submissions to the 2021-22 Budget community consultation process.
When are submissions due?
The Premier has announced that the 2021-22 Budget will be tabled in Parliament on 26 August 2021. Written submissions are due to the Department of Treasury and Finance by Friday 19 March 2021. Following the receipt of submissions, these are provided to relevant government agencies for consideration as part of the Budget process.
How do I provide a submission?
Please forward your written submission to the Department of Treasury and Finance.
Email address: email@example.com
What should I include in my submission?
What is included in your submission is up to you or your organisation. It should reflect the issues that you consider are important to raise with the Government.
Issues which you may like to address in the submission include:
- the environment in which you or your organisation currently operates, including issues you face on a day to day basis;
- identification of services that you or your organisation considers should be a high priority for the Government;
- links between identified priorities and the Government's long-term Plan for Tasmania's future;
- identification of instances where Government goods and services could be delivered more effectively. That is, in a better way, or more successfully;
- identification of instances where Government goods and services could be delivered more efficiently, or in a more timely manner; and
- identification of options for the funding of goods and services.
The information provided in the body of your submission should provide supporting details, information, and discussion in relation to any recommendations. This will assist readers in gaining a good understanding of why the issue is important to you or your organisation.
For any general enquires in relation to the process please email firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will get in touch relating to your query.