Structured Infrastructure Investment Review Process (SIIRP)
The objective of the Structured Infrastructure Investment Review Process (SIIRP) is to ensure that infrastructure projects funded from the State Budget:
- appropriately meet the needs of the community;
- provide clear and strong links to specific government policy priorities and the Government's strategic direction;
- demonstrate strong evidence of prioritisation, within the context of an agency's competing priorities, an agency's requirements and its capacity to deliver;
- demonstrate direct links with specific agency asset management strategies, including objectives outlined in Strategic Asset Management Plans;
- have been appropriately scoped and planned;
- are based on reliable and realistic cost estimates; and
- are able to be delivered by agencies in accordance with the specified timeframes and within the project Budget allocations.
The Structured Infrastructure Investment Review Process (SIIRP) is a review and assessment process for General Government Sector infrastructure investment proposals.
Infrastructure investment proposals will be subject to a series of decision points prior to being considered for funding and will be required to meet reporting requirements during the development, and following the completion of, the project.
At each of the points an assessment is made as to whether the project should: proceed to the next stage; require further details to be provided for further assessment, or not proceed if the project is not supported at the present time.
The SIIRP consists of four decision/reporting points:
- Investment Concept and Options Analysis;
- Business Case;
- Budget Committee Consideration; and
- Project Review - Closure and Benefits Realisation.
Figure 1: Structured Infrastructure Investment Review Process
Investment Concept and Options Analysis
Budget Committee Consideration
Project Review - Closure and Benefits Realisation
Point 1 and Point 2 Guidelines are available below. Guidelines for the Project Review - Closure and Benefits Realisation will be available at a later date.