COVID 19 Support

​The Tasmanian Government has introduced a number of measures to support businesses affected by measures taken to control the impact of Coronavirus.

​​Financial support

The Tasmanian Government announced that it will waive the following liquor and gaming licence and permit fees to assist local businesses and individuals.​


Liquor licence fees waived from 1 January 2020:​​​​

  • ​For general, on, club and special licences:
    • application;
    • grant;
    • application for variation of conditions;
    • annual liquor licence;
    • application for the transfer of a licence; and
    • application for authority to act as interim licensee.
  • Adjustments for off-licences from 1 January 2020:
    • the application fee is waived; and
    • ​the annual liquor licensing fee has been reduced by 50 per cent.​
  • Special permit fees waived from 1 January 2020:
    • application; and
    • application for variation of conditions.


​​Gaming licence fees waived from 15 March 2020:

  • For a licensed premises gaming licence:
    • application;
    • renewal;
    • request for amendment to a licence; and
    • annual licence fee.
  • ​For special employees and technicians, the renewal fee if payable during the 2020 calendar year.
  • ​For a minor gaming permit application.
  • For an application for redefining the boundaries of a casino or a gaming operator’s premises.

​Casino licence fees waived from 31 March 2020:

  • The monthly licence fee.
The Liquor and Gaming Branch will email all affected licence and permit holders. 
If you have already paid the waived or reduced fees in 2020, and are eligible for a refund, the email will include one of the below attachments​:
Please send the completed refund form to
Liquor and Gaming Branch staff are now working remotely as a result of COVID-19 controls. The reception counter at our offices at 4 Salamanca Place, Hobart and Henty House Launceston are closed until further notice. 
You can keep up‑to‑date via our website and if you have a query about your licence or permit please email us at or at​.


Back Home