Digital or printed colour passport size photographs of an applicant may be taken with a smartphone, and must be in accordance with the following requirements:
- not be more than 3 months old;
- be a clear, focused image on a plain white or light background;
- have the face centered and looking at the camera straight-on;
- display a full view of head and shoulders;
- be approximately 35mm wide x 45mm high (passport size).
- If you normally wear glasses, these should be worn in the photograph. Tinted glasses are not accepted.
- Facial features must be clearly shown if you wear a head-covering for religious reasons.