IntroductionCoverExclusionsExtent of cover
Travel cover is purchased in the private sector and is limited to the persons and circumstances specified below. Participants will need to purchase separate travel cover if they wish to extend cover to anyone else or in other circumstances. If in doubt, contact the Fund Administration Agent, Jardine Lloyd Thompson Pty Ltd
Worldwide travel cover is provided for inner-Budget agency employees, the Premier, Ministers, and Members of Parliament, and persons appointed by an agency to represent them (eg board and committee members, and volunteers), whilst on authorised business travel
Subject to applicable limits, cover includes:
- 24-hour emergency assistance overseas (through Accident and Health International), including:
- worldwide 24 hour telephone access to AHI Assist
(all employees travelling overseas should contact their agency representative before they leave to obtain an AHI Assist card);
- emergency travel assistance;
- emergency medical evacuation;
- emergency political evacuation;
- medically supervised repatriation;
- assistance in replacing a lost or stolen passport;
- interpreter access and referral;
- compassionate visit if travelling alone and hospitalised for more than a week;
- assistance in tracing delayed or lost luggage; and
- payment of approved medical services.
- personal accident - death and injury;
- overseas medical expenses;
- limited personal liability;
- the cost of replacing lost/stolen passports;
- delayed or stolen baggage or business property; and
- rental vehicle - the amount of the excess.
Cover is also provided for associated incidental personal travel. Associated personal travel is regarded as incidental if it does not exceed the period of business travel.
Limited cover is also provided to spouses and dependent children travelling with the insured traveller. Prior approval by the participating entity may be required when an employee wishes to be accompanied by his or her family whilst travelling on business.
The cover provided by the external travel policy does not apply for travel inside a radius of 50 kilometres from the person's place of business or residence.
The maximum duration of any trip covered is 180 days.
not extend to personal computers, electronic equipment or mobile phones where theft or attempted theft occurs whilst such equipment is unattended (unless the equipment is securely locked inside a building or out of sight inside a motor vehicle) or whilst carried in or on any aircraft, vessel or craft unless they accompany the insured traveller as personal cabin baggage.
Other exclusions may also apply. Agencies should contact Jardine Lloyd Thompson Pty Ltd
Extent of cover
Benefits are not open-ended and vary depending on age, status (ie employee or dependent) and circumstance. Information on the applicable limits and/or a copy of the travel policy and schedule outlining the benefits provided is available from Jardine Lloyd Thompson Pty Ltd
.>> Claims Process >> Further Information